Course Number / Name:
WDA210 Visual Effects & Post Production
Directive Study: Tuesday & Thursday (4:45pm-5:45pm)
Students in this course will explore the art of visual effects. Current industry digital motion graphics and compositing software will be used to enhance film and video post production. Project workflow will also be covered.
Course Objectives: (This list appears may be out of date.)
- Understand the technical issues surrounding broadcast design.
- Export vector and raster objects to be published on the web.
- Create a basic interactive video game.
- Learn how to apply type in motion.
- Understand how to create, adjust, and animate 3D layers.
- Render linear content in the form of animation, image sequence, digital video and sound.
- Learn how to optimize video rendering for the web and DVD deployment.
- Understand the concepts of compression.